This week I finished (nearly as needs chairs) my Valentine room made on a heart shape candy box.
Here’s how I did the box.
- I purchased a 4″ valentine candy box.
- I decided that the lid and base would be combined to make a base.
I cut the sides so I could fit them together.
Next I added some tabs to the white box so it was hold together.
I added some foam pieces in the center of the hearts to support the floor. The floor was cut from matt board.
Glue and clip to hold while drying.
- I traced around the two combined hearts. I glued the floor to the heart base using some cardboard tabs that I glued to the edges of the heart and the underneath of the floor.
- I applied glue to the floor and then added a light color carpet (velour).
- I trimmed the carpet next to the heart base.
- I added red foil (gift wrap) to the white heart so both sides of the heart where red.
- I added some trim just below the carpet and another trim around the edge of the heart base.
- I painted the base that extended red before applying the red trim.
The items in this room except the tables all came from swaps.
The glass table was made by cutting a top from plexi glass, the sides are a metal finding that I used my dremel tool to cut apart. The same with the brace at the bottom.
The round table is made with a plastic desiccant container. I added gold ribbon around the base. The red topper is a red foil that I got in a swap. I cut to 1 1/2″ square and then carefully shaped to fit over the base.
To completely finish this project I will need to make two chairs to go with the table.