I’m making the buildings by True2Scale to go in my village. The current plan is to build the buildings and then make a base. I think I’m going to do an open book, but it could be in a different form.
These are 1:144 scale. I am not using the bases and will be doing trees later when I landscape the whole project.
My progress so far :
Decorations Stand and Chestnut Cart
- Mark pieces in pencil to help keep oriented which is which.
- Pencil is better because it won’t bleed thru sometime in the future.
- When adding lights, it is important to plan before building. This plan should include where the light goes, where wire will go from there to a wall, then where will wire be hidden on inside or outside. These buildings have the white trim, so I generally tried to hide behind them with a groove.
- To determine where wallpaper goes, lay the floor next to the wall and then draw line with pencil. Glue paper at the line just covering it.
- Cutting window openings is best done before applying the wallpaper.
- When cutting curves, whenever possible move the paper not the scissors.
- Don’t cut down to the tip of scissors as it causes a tiny tear.
- Cover the printed part with the ruler to protect it when cutting whenever possible.
- I do not use a cork backed ruler when cutting in this scale so I don’t misalign my knife.
- Using glitter, brush on glue for thin layer. Or use a tiny tip bottle for applying more glue so more glitter (thicker).
- For the first 5 buildings, I painted the trim white then once dry I separated from the motherboard. I applied glue and glitter over wax paper.
- If any extra glue and glitter is over the edges, once dry this can be trimmed away with sharp scissors if desired.
- If adding trim to the building before it has glitter, be sure to apply white paint to cover gaps. I tried this with the Toy Shop and I recommend to apply the glitter before adding trim. It wasn’t that I messed up since one can’t tell the difference. It was just slower waiting on glue to dry and can’t always move to another area.
- Be sure to apply wallpaper, window frames, and other decorative items inside before closing that particular room or section. Adding the lighting tends to shift my attention.
If you enjoy my website, please consider making a donation via PayPal.me/minismallpackages23. Thank you!